Last reviewed date: 22nd May 2018
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and clients. This policy sets out how MoonBase Media Showreels uses and protects any information that you provide when you use www.moonbase.media or our services.
In providing you with our services, we may handle your personal information. Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name, image (a photographic still or media footage) and contact details.
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to MoonBase Media and we comply with UK data protection law (GDPR compliant).
Information we may hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
· basic details such as name, address and contact details;
· details of services you have received and notes from our correspondences;
· Photographic images of filming on set, rushes and completed showreel material.
· other information we receive from other sources such as analytics providers, or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission toshare information about you.
· Bank details from invoices given to us for payment.
When we collect your information
Information about you is collected when:
· you enquire about our services;
· you attend a pre-production meeting, or discuss your needs via the telephone or a video call or in person during the production process.
· you submit a query to us, for example by email, telephone, social media or the MoonBase Media website – www.moonbase.media;
· you participate in any marketing activity;
· you leave us your contact details at a promotional event;
· you subscribe to email notifications and/or newsletters;
We may also collect personal information about you from other people when:
· You are recommended to us by a third party, such as an agent or actor.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of MoonBase Media to use for their own purposes, except:
· when we have your permission;
· when we are permitted or obliged to do so by law;
· to protect the rights, property, or safety of MoonBase Media, our clients or others;
· in order to detect, prevent and help with the prosecution of crime;
· if there are other exceptional circumstances, and we are unable or it is not appropriate to seek your permission.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and we are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Using your information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
· responding to your queries;
· internal record keeping and administration;
· responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so;
· assessing the type and quality of service you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated;
· using your contact information to send you service related information;
· using your contact information to send promotional material about new services, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping you informed’ below for more information);
· to post your finished showreel or related stills, images, showreel clips or behind the scenes footage on www.moonbase.media or our associated social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter). This will be with your consent taken from you during the production process.
· using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey/review;
· using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research;
· sendinginvoices and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
· sending you any emails or downloads you have requested;
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law. All filming rushes will be deleted after filming or kept for no longer than 3 months on our system.
Keeping you informed
We would like to keep you informed of our services that we consider may be of interest to you (via mail, email or phone). When we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like me to keep you updated in this way.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact MoonBase Media via the contact methods shown below.
Your rights and how to exercise them
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require MM to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require MM to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where TMS is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you have any data protection queries, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact MoonBase Media:
Telephone: 07961 117715 or 07934 381336
You should also contact MoonBase Media to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to correct or remove (where justified) any inaccurate information. We may ask you to provide additional documentation to confirm your identity or, if you are seeking to access personal information of another individual, proof of their consent or your legal right to receive their personal information. If you are seeking personal information on behalf of another individual, we may charge for this.
Updating this privacy notice
We review and update this notice regularly. The latest copy of this notice can be found on this web page.
What is a cookie?
A cookie, also known as a browser cookie, is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server may download to your computer hard drive, tablet or mobile device when you visit a website or use an app.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies may be either ‘persistent’ cookies or ‘session’ cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored on the web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless detected by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
First party and third party cookies
Cookies can be set and controlled by the operator of the website which the user is browsing (known as a ‘first party cookie’) or a third party such as Facebook, for example to display advertisements and social sharing features, (known as a ‘third party cookie’).
Cookies used by MM
The only cookies in use on MoonBase Media website are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site– for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site– for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
Sharing of data from cookies
MoonBase Media may disclose data collected from third party cookies cookies, such as visitor trends, to third parties, in an anonymous form, for research and statistical purposes, and to help us optimise our websits.
Learn more about cookies
To find out more about cookies in general either search in Google or visit aboutcookies.orgor allaboutcookies.org(which is run by the IBA Europe).
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu. The guide contains an explanation of the Internet Advertising Bureau's self-regulatory scheme to allow you greater control of the advertising you see.